Join Flo, Marsha and Kathy in 2020 for the Balance Yoga 200-Hour Intensive and Teacher Training. These teachers are infectiously passionate about the ashtanga yoga practice as they have witnessed the life-changing effect it has had not only in their lives but the lives of their students. They have decades of teaching and practicing experience between them and they want to share their knowledge with other enthusiastic and sincere practitioners. If you’re ready to embark on a deeply transformational journey, sign up for this 9-month long course. This program has been approved and meets the requirements of a 200-Hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training.
This 200-Hour Program is for anyone interested in:
- Deepening their own personal yoga practice physically, mentally and spiritually.
- Sharing the ashtanga yoga method with others.
- Profound personal growth and transformation in a supportive environment.
- Learning and practicing the other aspects of yoga including but not limited to chanting, pranayama, and meditation.
February 29 and March 1
7am-4pm (9 hours/day 18/weekend = 162 hours)
7-7:30am Opening discussions and conference
15 minute break
9-11am Practice and observing
11-12pm Lunch break
12-2pm discussion on specific weekend topics
2-3pm activities/practical application
3-4pm Q&A/closing discussion/reflection
- In order to receive certification, students are required to attend every weekend session. If they miss, they have the option to make it up in the next 200-Hour Training (January-September 2020) or pay for private lessons ($75/Hour) to make up for the missed content. (4 teacher training hours will be condensed into a one hour private with supplemental homework to make up for the missed content)
- Students will be required to keep up with a regular practice 5-6 days a week, preferably at Balance Yoga. Students will receive 25% off their membership during the duration of the course. If the student is unable to practice at BY, they will need to be extra diligent and establish a home practice. We will require you to honor the honor system on this one and provide video footage from time to time.
- Students will also be required to journal, meditate, do pranayama, chant, read, practice teach, study anatomy, and incorporate ayurvedic practices into their daily lives.
- A book list will be given to you upon registration.
- Complete an online application which includes a $250 non-refundable deposit that will be applied to the tuition if accepted into the course.
- $2850 paid in full (includes the deposit) by or on the start date OR 3 payments of $925 each due by or on the first 3 weekends of the course (payments DO NOT include the deposit).
- Separately purchase the books on the list (approximately $200)
- 25% off class cards or memberships over the 9 months
- Most importantly, participants will have a well-established routine, practice, and yogic lifestyle that can last a lifetime. Making the course a 9-month long exploration, you learn to live in the teachings and apply them to your work, family, daily life as opposed to being in a training bubble. Each of the teachers of the training have a well-established practice in the midst of a busy family/career/sober/social lives. We will show you the way!
- Participants will have a greater knowledge of but not limited to yoga philosophy, anatomy, the energetics of practice, the bandhas, sanskrit, meditation, pranayama, ayurvedic principles, the history of yoga, alignment principles, adjustments, the ethics of yoga…
- Participants will have a Yoga Alliance certification to be a RYT-200 and the ability to confidently teach the fundamentals of ashtanga in a led class to all levels.
- Participants will have a community of fellow practitioners that you can lean on for support and accountability.
- Participants will have a lifelong relationship with the teachers that they can draw upon to continue their teaching/practicing journey for many years to come.