Ashtanga 4-Week Beginner Series
Next Series: October 2, 2021
Classes are held on Saturdays at 7:15am (zoom and in-person) and Sundays at 11am (zoom only). This series includes a recorded practice class each week covering the content from the previous week. This will serve as a practice guide for students to practice to during the week.
Pre-registration is required. All classes can be recorded if you’re unable to attend live.
Investment: $150 All are welcome! Class size is limited to 12.
- Ashtanga Beginner Workshop
In this two hour workshop, you will be taught the essentials of the Ashtanga Yoga method. The teacher will begin with a short overview of the practice, the breathing technique, and a few other key elements that will form the foundation of your practice. You will then be guided through a portion of the series with plenty of explanation, demonstrations, and modifications. This is a great way to learn the practice or restart your journey. No experience or physical aptitude necessary to begin. Next workshop: tbd. Zoom or in-person. Space is limited. Pre-registration is required. Investment: $30
- Private Lessons
Privates are a great way to begin as you have the teacher’s fullest attention and you can learn the ropes at your own pace. Many of our longest students started on privates and then seamlessly moved into Mysore-style classes. Email us to schedule your privates: email@example.com
- 4-Week Beginner Series
In this series, you’ll learn the basics of the ashtanga method. You’re not required to have any previous experience. Simply come as you are and we will teach you how to focus your mind and lighten up your body. If you want to enhance your life in every way- sign up for our next series. Classes are approximately 1 hour. Next series: See above.
- OR Simply show up for a class that works for your schedule and we will meet you where you are.
**Keep in mind, ashtanga is the perfect yoga for beginners because the sequence is progressive and we teach you EXACTLY where you are are. We find the perfect challenge for you: not too much, not too little. There is no requirement for strength, flexibility, or mental focus; only a desire to learn and grow is needed. Expect to be treated respectfully, warmly, and taught in digestible chunks. Beginners will be taught how to breath properly, sun salutations, some standing poses, and a short closing. Once that short sequence is memorized, we will teach you more. It is such a fun process! Join us. We love beginners!
***If you’re new to our shala but not to ashtanga, sign up for one of our new student specials: 3 classes for $25 OR $75 for 30 days of unlimited yoga. (These specials cannot be used for the Beginner Series Classes but can be purchased AFTER attending a 4-Week Beginner Series). We would love to have you!***
- Be prepared to work hard, sweat, learn and grow.
- Be committed to your practice–the more you do it, the more quickly you feel it and the greater the benefit. Like any discipline, if you don’t do it very often, don’t expect results. The suggested minimum amount is three times per week. If you simply can not get here that often, just do your best!
- Bring a mat and a towel. They are available to rent at the studio as well.
- Dress comfortably.
- Don’t wear perfume or jewelry.
- Do not eat for at least two hours before classes.
- Be aware that class cards have an expiration policy. Also, be aware that there are NO REFUNDS issued after 14 days before a scheduled workshop. Full refunds will be issued up to this point. Thank you.